Bolognese made from soya mince, a nutritious vegetarian alternative suitable for babies from 8 months
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole medium onion, finely chopped
- 100g carrot, grated
- 1 whole orange pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 75g mushroom, finely chopped
- 500g passata
- 225g frozen soya mince
- 1 whole very low salt vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs or 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 225g spaghetti
- 50g cheese, grated
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion, carrots and pepper, and sauté for five minutes, until soft.
- STEP 2
Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté for a further two minutes, then add the passata and soya mince.
- STEP 3
Crumble the stock cube over the mixture and add the herbs. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- STEP 4
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to the instructions. Drain.
- STEP 5
Chop the spaghetti into short strands, spoon over the Bolognese sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Suitable for vegetarians.